Folkestone Arts Collective Meeting at Lime Bar Monday 22.2.2016
Sharon McCarron, Lesley Richmond, Rebecca Elliot, James Pyott, Malcolm Richmond, Rob Kennett, Frances Powell, Steve Harris,, Mike Tedder, Andy Thomas-Emans, Kate Thomas-Emans, Ruth Maskell, Ann Wimsett, Roberta Harrold
Phyllis McDowell and Francois Lloyd
1. Next meeting Tuesday 5th April Quarterhouse bar at 6pm then to Lime Bar to socialise. To be confirmed by Kate. Focus will be collection of 10 pound annual fee from members and distribution of membership cards. Alternatively cheques can be given to Anne for paying in by Kate/Andy/Steve. Agreed that membership fee will cover renewal of insurance and FAC running costs.
2. Future project suggestions:
* Art quiz
* Treasure Hunt (Bobby to co-ordinate)
* plein air painting
* FAC artists to talk about their work to the group;
* Open mic nights (Andy)
* Phyllis will try and get the FAC a slot at the Palm Court – probably for next year given the waiting list.
* Phyllis suggestion that the group could meet at Poulton Wood Aldington nature reserve for drawing/painting day, and possibly workshops. Next events are around Bluebells at the end of April \and an Open Day early June.
* Mike pointed out forthcoming exhibition opportunities at open air art markets in Walmer, Dover and Maidstone (17th September, under cover).
* Maggie to approach Neville Pundole for FAC to take part in event he is organising
* FAC entry to Sandcastle competition?
3. Points of interest to be brought to members’ attention – for example Jackson’s supplies has 3,000 pound art prize on offer. We should ask for a discount for FAC members like the one we already have with Pencraft.
4. Members were asked for ideas for possible funding applications with district and town council as well as local councillors’ discretionary funds. Andy to look at funding deadlines.
5..Kate suggested people might pay for a basic animation workshop. Rebecca said Astrid Goldsmith has now finished her animated film and could be approached to make a presentation. Malcolm pointed out that a projection screen is available for community use.
6. A call was made for volunteers to learn more professional curating skills.
7. Malcolm invited members to join the Folkestone Artists Cricket Team who play for charity at Shorncliffe barracks.
8. Information to be given to Mike to build an up to date contacts page on the website